Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Brothers and Sisters, Sons, Harry Potter, more

Okay. This is just plain weird. A friend of mine from high school and college got married 10 years ago, he and his wife have 3 children. When they got married their parents met and became friends, they would go on vacations together, they lived near each other so they would eat dinners out together a lot also. Two years ago my friends mother died, last year his wife's father died. Last weekend my friends father married his wife's mother. Making them brother and sister. So that makes his kids both his kids and his nephews/nieces, same for his wife. While I'm sure this is all covered in Catholicism somewhere, it just seems really odd that he's now married to his sister. I can see their kids trying to explain it later in life. For those of you wondering, no, they aren't from West Viriginia!

Last Saturday was fun. We drove up to Amish country, the boys seemed into the road trip, they had fun at the roadside stands, eating at small places and of course sniggering at the town names. Especially Intercourse. They did get to ride in a buggy also, I had to tell them we have no room for horses in the back yard. Then on the way back I let Justin drive and I read the new Harry Potter book. I was done before we got back home, it's a 2 hour drive so plenty of time.
I'm not going to give any spoiler type information here, I will say though that I was pleased with the ending although I thought the epilogue was too short. The series ended the only way it really could. This was the first of the books that I read, I listened to audiobooks for the rest. I will probably listen to this last one too at some point but it's a 14 hour recording. If anyone wants to give me their opinion of the final book, feel free.

Still no passports for the boys. This backlog in passport processing is annoying and someone needs to be fired. At this rate we will only make it over for a week or two so we will probably just visit my son in Amsterdam rather than going all over Europe for 3-4 weeks. I do want to get over so the boys can see how their older brother lives, where he grew up. A different perspective is needed, it's not always America Uber Alles. There is a world outside the USA. Don't get me wrong, I'm not interested in taking them to any 3rd world countries, or even any poor European countries. It's just annoying to have to see the poor, I'm sure someone will say they are all my responsibility.

I love my sons. Just wanted to say it. In case anyone didn't know!

This weekend is the Freaker's Ball. Jul 28th, Ottobar. For all of you that care, I did find a slaveboy to use as a fashion accessory for the ball. I got the cutest little collar and chain for him too. I'm going to watch The Ripouts play, as well as a few other bands. I doubt we are going to be there until the end, it's a long day from door opening to final act. I think they needed a few less acts and more time for each of the bands. From the schedule I received, the bands get 20 minutes to play and then it's a 15 minute break for tear down and set up and the next band gets 20 minutes.

That's about it for this week. Hope everyone is doing good, remember my mantra, do what you want, just don't get caught!

Love you all!

No comments: