Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Concert, Freakers Ball, Twin Toss and more

Went to see So Damn Thirsty at Jaxx Saturday. Got there early and had to suffer through the opening acts, it all pretty well sucked until The Automatics came on, followed by The Buried and then SDT. After they left some industrial band came out so I left. It was the first time I had been to Jaxx, it was a small place but I liked it. The floor space in front of the stage had no obstructions, so you could mosh without tearing the place down. I would say that 80% of the people attending were there for SDT, after they left the floor was empty. I almost felt sorry for the band that followed them until I heard them play, then it was okay. Got the new EP, it was good.

Next "main" event is the Freaker's Ball in Baltimore at Ottobar on the 28th. Can't wait. I'm plotting my outfit as I write this, I mean it is the Freaker's Ball, I can't dress normally right? I am trying to find out a preliminary timeframe for the bands, this is one of those 3pm - 2am things, I don't really think I'm going to stay for the entire party but I don't want to miss The Ripouts and I suspect they will play relatively early in the show. I hope the residents around Ottobar can handle the crowd.

We had a little pool party Friday and then again Sunday. Nothing major, no caterers or anything. Just an extra 10-15 people and massive amounts of pizza ordered in. The weather cooperated, it was damn hot. So hot that as if by magic everyone's clothes disappeared. It's funny how things go, the twins don't even bat an eye as such shenanigans, they seldom wear clothes in the pool anymore either. We played twin toss at one point, Chris was on one side with Dan and I had Jack on the other. The object was to see how far we could toss them from the side of the pool. I am pretty sure I would have won but on the final twin toss, I got pushed in from behind and then landed on by Jack and 2 others. So needless to say, Chris and Dan won. I got my revenge later of course, it's important to never let people younger than you win. Age and treachery shall ALWAYS outlast youth.

I think next weekend we are going to wander up into the Amish country in southern PA. The boys have never been there and I'm curious about their reaction to the town names as we drive along. There's Bird In Hand and Paradise and Intercourse and Big Bust, among other odd names. Yes, these are real towns. The food is generally very good too, lots of small places to stop and try baked goods and just different types of food. While I have no interest in the religious aspects that the Amish follow, it's hard not to admire them in some ways. I mean, there's no way I could live without the modern convienences and they seem to do just fine. I think the hardest thing to live without today would be air conditioning. Our bodies have acclimated to the coolness of the inside, I'm sure we would all be panting like running dogs after half a day.

The designer for the boys' rooms downstairs has finally completed her planning and can start to work on making it a place they both feel comfortable in. They better since it's costing a fortune to redo the walls, the floors and to get all the new accoutrements they wanted. It's supposedly going to take about a week, once they start. So the boys will have to move up to one of the other bedrooms for that period of time. I stayed out of it so I have no idea what the rooms are going to look like, whether they are themed or just an olio of ideas. I'm excited for them and curious as all hell about it.

I need a slaveboy for an outing. Apply if you fit. Nobody here does, that's for sure.

One more thing. Will someone please explain to me why Africa is our responsibility? I just don't get it.

That's it for this week. Until next week, everyone be good, be careful and don't get caught.

Love you all!

PS - This is my first blog post here. I have been making them regularly on Myspace for the past 75 weeks. Should anyone wish to read them, let me know and I'll send you a link.

No comments: